Often times, the sound of music, videos, or computer games sounds a little strange. With an equalizer it is possible to adjust individual levels in order to achieve the desired result. The sound enhancement function is a little hidden under Windows 10. But no problem. We'll show you where to activate them and set them accordingly.
How to activate the equalizer in Windows 10
- Right- click on the "loudspeaker symbol" in the system tray at the bottom . Then select "Open sound settings"
- In the new window click on the entry "Device Properties" .
- A new window will open. Select “Additional device properties” under “Related settings” and click on it.
- The driver options for your sound card or for the chipset will now open (depending on what is installed in your computer). In the window click on the “Improvements” tab .
- Here you have the option of activating individual sound effects under "Settings:" in order to obtain a better sound image. Among other things, the equalizer can also be activated.
- To open the equalizer, click next to the item "Settings:" on the far right on the button with the three dots "..." .
- A graphic equalizer now opens, in which individual frequency ranges can be adjusted using sliders. You can now adjust the controls until you have achieved the sound you want.