The results of a study by British and German scientists showed that maintaining a normal level of iron in the blood can be a key factor in slowing down aging and increasing life expectancy. The work was published in the journal Nature Communications.
|Scientists have found a key factor in slowing aging, 2020.|
Researchers may have discovered the secret to slower aging process
- Scientists believe they may have revealed the secret of slowing down the aging process by discovering a previously unknown fragment of the genetic code.
- From trying to prevent wrinkles to trying to keep our bodies healthy as we age, the search for brakes in rapid aging continues.
- But researchers believe they've made a key discovery in the quest for a longer, healthier life.
- A team of scientists from the University of Edinburgh and the Gerkin Institute of Aging Biology at the Max Planck Institute for Ageing Biology in Germany found a link between high iron levels in the blood and the aging process.
- Using genetic data from more than a million people, the researchers have tried to find out why some people are aging at different rates.
|Title 109 characters||Blood iron levels could be key to slowing ageing, gene study shows | Scienmag: Latest Science and Health News|
|Genes linked to ageing that could help explain why some people age at different rates to others have been identified by scientists. The international ...|
|Blood iron levels could be key to slowing ageing original post (2020).|
Headings and competition