How do you sleep properly? and What will help me sleep better at night?
|How to Sleep Better.|
Scientists warn that sleep deprivation is becoming a public health crisis. According to the National Statistical Institute, almost three million people living in Spain have less than six hours of sleep a day.A growing collection of brain studies has shown that sleep is crucial for cognitive functioning, and sleep deprivation is not only disdainful but actually dangerous.
Sleep is believed to be particularly important for maintaining good memory, concentration and ability to learn effectively. Some studies show that bad sleep increases the risk of Alzheimer's disease, while others attribute sleep deprivation to anxiety and loneliness.
Further studies show that lack of adequate sleep may increase the risk of developing diseases such as diabetes or cancer.
It seems clear that prioritizing quality sleep is essential to maintaining a happy, healthy lifestyle.
There are a number of things you can do to ensure a healthy sleep in your home.
Choose the furniture for your bedroom wiselyA good mattress is an important part of ensuring a good rest. Choosing the right mattress can prevent back pain and other problems associated with poor posture during sleep.
In addition to a mattress, the choice of a breathable blanket, pillow support and the right bed style plays a big part in determining the quality of your sleep.
When choosing an IKEA pillow, for example, IKEA offers an ergonomic style such as the IKEA klubbsporre pillow, which is made of visco-elastic foam and has a gel layer that helps stimulate calm sleep.
Other factors can affect your sleeping ability, including lighting and noise levels.
When considering noise levels, selecting thick curtains can help reduce background street noise as well as help absorb unwanted sounds in the bedroom.
Smart lighting can also improve sleepy environments, with options such as LED bulbs with dimmers that are believed to be more kind to the eyes. This means that there is no need to change the entire lighting system - just the bulbs.
To prepare you for a good night's rest, we have developed ten useful suggestions to help you create the right environment for a good night's sleep at home.
|Have Trouble Falling Asleep|
Ten tips to help you get a good night's sleep.1. Avoid using electronic devices (phones, laptops, tablets, etc...) at least two hours before your normal bedtime.
2. Sleep in the dark, do not leave the light or the TV on.
3. If you cannot avoid light pollution from the street, wear an eye mask.
4. Keep background noise to a minimum. Ideally, the room in which you sleep should be soundproof.
5. Adjust the temperature in your bedroom, keeping it between 18°C and 21°C.
6. Choose a medium strength mattress and try it out before buying: lying on it for at least a few minutes, make sure it's comfortable.
7. Avoid sleeping with multiple pillows - stick to one that provides good neck support.
8. Remove devices that have nothing to do with sleeping, such as TVs, computers, radios, mobile phones, etc., from the bedroom.
9. A bedroom is a room for sleeping - nothing else. Remove work-related items if possible.
10. Turn off your mobile phone and leave it outside the bedroom at night. Paint the bedroom in pastel shades (e.g. blue, green, yellow, lilac), avoiding garrisoning or sharp tones.